Wednesday, July 31, 2013

36,000 & I am a temple

DAY 2
Dog walk - 45 min.
Spent 45 minutes in the gym - Intense running sprints (also called fartlekers...sounds like "Fart" Lickers), spent time working the weights, core workout and then worked out on the elliptical for the last 10 minutes or so to cool down. I think I burned about 250 cal.
 
Thoughts for the day:
Still thinking about the former coworker's husband. How terrible. How sad. Things like that just sneak up on you. I read an article recently that indicated that for men, "...before you hit 44, a fatal accident is your most likely cause of death; but once you reach 45 heart disease becomes your number one threat, killing 36,000 men over this age every year. If that wasn't enough, scientists at the University of California discovered that men over 40 were twice more likely than women to develop melanomas". Fear. I'm not going to lie and say that there is no fear motivating this  Long Haul, healthy lifestyle thing for me. I realize I'm not going to out run death or cheat death by doing weight watchers or running 4 miles a few times a week. That would be stupid. That said, I don't want melanoma, I don't want cancer and I don't want the last remaining years of my life to be spent in a lazy boy watching wheel of fortune and re-runs of Jeopardy. I don't want that life. There is this guy at the gym (www.goldsgym.com ) that I see occasionally in the mornings when I'm there super early (doesn't happen that often anymore) and he must be 50+ years old. He looks great. He's super lean, ripped like Captain America and works out hard (and he has a cool tattoo on his shoulder). I don't think that guy sits around much. That's what I'm shooting for. A more active and healthy lifestyle. I also need to remember that God has provided me with this body and part of my job is to take care of it. 1st Corinthians 3:16 say's "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?" and again the scripture say's "For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple" in 1st Corinthians 3:16-17.
 
It's all about the heart right?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment