Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MOTIVATION

DAY 1
Walked the dog for 45 minutes
Ran 3.96 miles (some walking included to catch my breath)
www.mapmyrun.com indicates that I burned 583 Calories.
Only over ate my weight watchers points by 1
 
Thoughts for the day:
I'm feeling highly motivated. I took pictures of my pudgy self a couple of days ago (see below) and saved them as my screen saver...keeps me humble. That said, a former coworker's husband who is only 54 had a heart attack a couple of days ago. He was just sitting there watching some TV with his daughter. This caused me to think back to the history of varying cancers that run rampant through my family. All kinds: skin cancer, brain tumors, lung cancer and then there's the one that keeps me up at night...Alzheimer's. Well, if I get that at least I won't know I have it. The reality is that at age 42 (soon to be 43) grey hair not only in my head of hair but in my "cool" goatee, wrinkles, back aches, waddling like a duck when I get out of the bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom and a recently fair amount of nostril hair are the least of my worries. This is going to be what I call "Long Haul Living". The short term goal is to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks but the long term goal: stick around and enjoy living the life that God has given me and be available to the people that I care about and that care about me (family, friends, my dog....seriously, no one else is going to get up at 6am or earlier to walk that old girl). I need to get healthy and stay healthy. I need to be healthy in body, mind and soul.
 
A long time ago when I was responsible for running a "Wellness" program (it's almost laughable) for the company I worked for, I got down to 155 lbs. This is where I want to be physically speaking.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I would walk Sasha if you couldn't, but it would have to be AFTER 6 a.m.

    ReplyDelete