Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trigger Happy

Stopped tracking the days as of today
Ran 5 miles today in 50 minutes


As I was crossing over Monument Ave. and running into the neighborhood I saw it. All by itself, crumpled up and waiting for me. I was feeling lazy today and really did not want to go for a run but the sun was out again for only the second time in the past week and a half I almost felt obligated to go and just "be" in the sun. I also "OVER" ate big time last night. We had steaks and my wife makes this amazing homemade pasta alfredo. I started out ok only having half of the steak but then
I dove into the pasta. It's my favorite thing other than chocolate. I love pasta. So, of course when I saw that dollar bill just laying there I was like "wow, that's awesome. This literally paid off today." Cool.

So I've been thinking about my triggers. Those moments when I feel the urge to eat my self silly for absolutely no reason at all. Here's the list:

  1. Boredom
  2. Tired
  3. Bad mood /Bad hair day/ Apathy all around kinda day
  4. Eating while I'm watching my favorite shows. It's like I feel this mental "need" to eat while I'm watching television. It's weird!
  5. About 30 minutes after lunch and 30 minutes after dinner. Even if I ate a big dinner or lunch I still have this weird "need" to fill my stomach.
Couple of small goals I'm setting for myself starting now:

  • T.V eating - "Ok" to have a snack but nothing after 8pm
  • Issues after eating lunch and dinner - Make sure I'm eating enough for breakfast. It's the champion food right?
  • Smaller plates at dinner - Trick the eyes to the soul into thinking I'm filling up my plate.
Here are helpful links on "Triggers"
 
Smaller plates
 
 
Thought for the day: I feel more motivated to be careful about my eating when I'm exercising






1 comment:

  1. When you do one thing right (exercising) it spurs you on to do right in other areas...

    ReplyDelete