Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DAY 41
  • Walked the dog for 35 min this morning
  • 4.23 mile run after work burned 465 calories per map my run

Man it's hot. The run after work kicked my butt. I was cooped up all day working hard and desperately needed to get into the sunshine. Good run though and I also needed to burn off the birthday dinner I had last night (crab, lobster and some wine). I definitely went off the grid over the weekend with my trip to Blue Mtn. Brewery and then my dinner last night. I also enjoyed my favorite beers and wine as well. So, now I'm back to a heart-healthy diet. I read an article on the Mayo Clinic website recently about this. Pretty basic stuff good to remember and it's from a reputable source.

 
  1. Control your portion sizes
  2. Eat more vegetables and fruits
  3. Select whole grains
  4. Limit unhealthy fats and cholesterol
  5. Choose low-fat protein sources
  6. Reduce the sodium in your food
  7. Plan ahead: Create daily menus
  8. Allow yourself an occasional treat (for example, on your birthday)
 
 
Thought for the Day: "If overindulgence is the exception, rather than the rule, you'll balance things out over the long term. What's important is that you eat healthy foods most of the time." Mayo Clinic
 
Birthday Pics:
 
Dark Hollow from Blue Mtn. Brew
 
 The A.M. Fog Cheese burger with fries

Scenic view from Blue Mtn. porch where you eat

Try before you buy with the Flight of beers
 Me having a good time with family

Veritas Vineyard just down the street from Blue Mtn.Brew
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment