Monday, September 16, 2013

DAY 46


DAY 46
Early morning walk with the Dog 30 minutes

Yup, no gym. No run. No exercise today. I was up at the crack of dawn...oh wait! No, before the crack of dawn and there was a yappy dog at about 3am this morning that would NOT shut up. I'm beat and feel like a zombie from "The Walking Dead". All the exercise and eating correctly is definitely wearing on me. A little mentally fatigued I guess. Not sure exactly what to do about that except put my big boy pants on and stop complaining.

So of course what is the blog about today: Exercise of course! On the New York Times "well" blog today they noted that a number of studies are proving that "intense" exercise may have unique benefits when it comes to diet actually dulling the urge to eat afterward strenuous exercise routines. The writer notes that a lot has been said about "interval training" or those quick burst of intense exercise and that they do have an effect on things like blood pressure and insulin sensitivity. That said, there is not a enough evidence to suggest that interval training is good for weight loss.
The good news of both studies that were conducted is that intense exercise seems to clearly lead to at least a short-term dulling or suppression of needing to consume food.

Here's a link to the full article:
How-exercise-can-help-us-eat-less

5:30am

Oh and did I mention that I forgot to set my coffee pot to go off before I got up so I'd have a nice cup of joe to drink while walking the dog.

Thought for the day: I'm not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment