Sunday, September 8, 2013

Real Long-Haul Living

DAY 39
1 hour walk with the dog this morning.
Day of rest.

Well, today is my day of rest and the walk with my dog this morning was great. My Sunday morning walks are so quiet. No one is on the road. Even the usual runners and the walkers in and around my neighborhood are still asleep. The cyclists though are out in force. Sasha had a spring in her step this morning since it was kinda cool too so we enjoyed the nice, long, quiet walk. It was also great because I needed to walk off the A.M. Fog mushroom burger and the bourbon barrel stout from Blue Mtn. Brew called "Dark Hollow" along with the flight of 2.5oz glasses of all of their brews.

Enough about the beer. My wife showed me this great article from a magazine she read called Real Simple about "Centenarians" (folks who are over 100 years old) and how they've stayed healthy all these years. I thought I would add some excerpts from the article. The video below is of Herman Solomon. He was born in October of 1910. He's been married once, 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren. Herman say's he's made it so long because of working hard. He was employed full time until he was 80 as an electrician and he's stayed busy since his retirement. He also attributes his longevity to drinking scotch every day. He notes in the article "...And I feel great afterward." This video is super sweet about he and his wife Bertie.


Lili Rudin, born July 1912, has always been fascinated by the world around her and still keeps active and engaged.
 

Now that's Long-Haul living for you. Here's the article: Long-Life Advice from 7 Centenarians


Thought for the day: "It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years that means something"
Lili Rudin, born July 1912

No comments:

Post a Comment