Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DAY 54

DAY 54
30 minute walk with the dog
Gym - After work 1 hour

What can I say...I've been busy and to be honest it's getting harder and harder to keep the blog up on a "daily" basis so I think I might cut it back to a couple of times a week. As I've said before I'm not a health expert, Dr. or some kind of wellness guru so it's hard for me to come up with stuff to write about and I KNOW you really do not want to know about how I'm "feeling" or what I'm eating all the time.

So anyway, yesterday was hard. For some reason I had the appetite of a horse. I was so hungry and I'm not sure where that came from. Today, not so much. I feel ok and I'm looking forward to hitting the gym this evening after work. I came across this article on Menshealth.com today and I could not help reading it. Who isn't going to read an article titled "The Easiest Way To Live Longer".

A new "Norwegian" study suggests that people who stick to a healthy lifestyle in middle age are far more likely to see old age. The study indicated that "for non-smokers who regularly broke a sweat, 49 percent reached the ripe old age of 85, compared to only 28 percent of men who refrained from puffing but were generally sedentary—even after adjusting for other factors like cholesterol and blood pressure." 

Here's the article: The-easiest-way-to-live-longer

Ever wondered what you might look like in 20 or 30 years....You can here: http://in20years.com/ I couldn't get it to work. Maybe you can.

1 comment:

  1. I think "Babette's Feast" was a Norwegian film---I think we need a little more fun in life to want to last until "old age."

    ReplyDelete