Friday, August 23, 2013

Finally!

DAY 24
Dog walk 30 minutes
Finally- gym 45 min.: worked the weights first then the sprints to do something different

It's been a tough week and weigh in is tomorrow. Eating right has been tough and I've missed the workouts multiple times this week. I'm not sure what weight in is going to be like. The eating hasn't been terrible but I could have been better. Outside of not working out and completely losing it on the box of Animal Crackers, I've done ok with my eating. Tomorrow I plan on either getting a run in or going to the gym. It depends on how I'm feeling.

In the weight loss battle, a clean diet will win every time. It's difficult to think that folks can just "run" off all the pasta, beer, etc. that they ate the night before and lose weight. There needs to be balance between both. If you don't eat right, it will undermine what you're trying to accomplish in the gym. That's why I've been bummed out this week that I didn't get a solid run in this week or get to the gym enough. Today when I was lifting I could really tell that I hadn't been working out like usual. I had energy but I was missing some fire in my arms. I'm beginning to realize that I'm also flat out grumpy when I'm not working out. Diet is the main factor that can help lower weight, exercise on the other hand allows the weight that is lost to stay off. That's how I'm looking at it at least. I'm no expert but that seems to make simple sense right?

Ok, so weigh in is tomorrow and then we head to a cookout and then spend some time with friends later in the evening. I'm hoping I don't fall off the cliff.


Quote of the day: "I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues in sweat and concentration"
Chuck Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment