Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rise & Shine !!

DAY 17
45 minute walk with the dog
1 hour in the gym

I did it!!! I got up early (6am). I had an appointment during lunch so there was no time for a lunch time work out like normal so I had to force myself to get up early and go to the gym. I just couldn't make a run today. My feet and legs were sore. I did sprints on the treadmill and then lifted weights again. There is such a different crowd in the mornings than at lunch. At lunch everyone is rushing through their routine so that they can get a good workout in, shower and then head back to the office or wherever they go. The morning crowd is still waking up while they run on the treadmill. I kid you not, I walked in one morning a long time ago and someone had a Starbucks coffee sitting in the cup holder on the treadmill while they were running....Yikes! What if they spilled it?!

6:00am

It was nice watching the sun come up over Monument Ave. It was a cool morning again so the dog had a spring in her step like yesterday. A few times she even tried to run. So, tonight was eat out night for the birthday girl. I had a pretty good day (eating wise) and with my exercise I had an additional 10 whopping WW points. Once I subtracted out the points I ate between breakfast and lunch, I ended up with a total of 26 points which is my normal daily WW points total. I had a lot of protein (for the weight lifting and muscle repair) today, some light carbs and veggies (tomatoes, romaine lettuce and fresh cucumbers from a friend's garden) and I got an afternoon snack in. I was looking forward to dinner and celebrating a wonderful person's birthday. I wish I could call her out.

We went to Mosaic Cafe in the West End. Great, great food here. If you've never been you should go; it's also a great date night spot. I really, really wanted a beer but I made a promise that I was not having a beer 'till my birthday...no real "dramatic" reason, only that it has a ton of calories, sugar, etc...I went with a Limeade instead which was really tasty. Mosaic offers healthy choices on their menu. They offer vegetarian dishes and what they call Fit 450 meals. I went with a meal that they created to take the place of their famous shrimp & grits (another of my favorites). These meals are low in fat, high in protein and less than 450 calories. I chose "Fit Curry-Quinoa & Shrimp" which has light coconut milk, sweet yellow curry, fresh lime, spinach, fresh veggies, grilled shrimp (3 oz) and thin cut toasted almonds on top. I was little worried about taste but wow it packed a whole lot of taste and I love curry; it had some heat to it too. It was delicious. We also ordered some mini-crab cakes of which I only partook of one and then there was a smoked Gouda dip of which I only had a few tastes of. I did catch myself wanting to keep eating the dip (I love dips) so I stopped. Thankfully as I said earlier I had plenty of points so I was in the clear. Here's the Menu:mosaic-cafe-dinner-menu.pdf


...and tomorrow I run 4 miles



Thought for the day: The early bird caught a healthy meal today. It's ok to eat out, it's ok to live a little, just make good choices....and live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment