Sunday, August 4, 2013

"The Following Takes Place Between The Hours of 6am and 10pm"

DAY 7
"...and God rested on the seventh day."
Sasha still needs a walk though - 45 min.

I think Sunday will be my rest day which makes sense because, well, it's the day of rest. Also, because when you're exercising it's important to take a break and allow your body to heal up. I ran a total of about 11+ miles this week, plus the walking. I lifted weights twice this week and I went swimming yesterday for about half an hour. The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts, and continuous training can actually weaken the strongest athletes (which I'm not...an athlete). You could also injure yourself. That's the last thing I need, an injury and a medical bill to top it off. What makes this tough for me today is that without the exercise I will not gain any additional points (except for two for the walk) and I will have to stay within my 26 (28) point limit.

The following actually doesn't take place between the hours of 6am and 10pm. Those are just the opening lines to the T.V show "24" which I have fallen in love with and my 12 year old daughter enjoys it too (she wants to be an F.B.I agent...oh yes, I'm serious). I never watched it while it was on T.V but voila "Netflix". We are hooked. We watch episode after episode which means at night we are in front of the T.V. Then there is our weekly schedule, work and we try to fit time into the week going to the pool, vacation time during the summer (we learned to surf this summer which was really cool.). She's shoots a bow and arrow (compound bow), we hike, camp, etc...my point is that it can be tough to fit in a running schedule, stay away from the kid snacks and not allow my diet to interrupt our normal food routines. For example tonight. We had steak and my wife made this amazing fettuccini alfredo which is just incredible. It's delicious but going forward I can't eat heaping plates of it like I used to. All that said, during the week we have a schedule and a routine that we follow. It's tough. As I was walking my plate to the dishwasher I literally had to close my eyes so I didn't look at that leftover pasta on the counter that was calling out my name.

I have to focus, I have to pray through this week. It's going to be hard not to dip into the Cheetos bag that I know is sitting in the pantry (with the Pringles and chocolate). I am looking forward to my run tomorrow. I'm shooting for 4 miles again. The swim yesterday was great and after a 30 minute swim I felt like I had run 4 miles. Ok, I'm watching 24 right now while I write this so I'm gonna hop off. Second season is NUTS!

 
Dinner


Swim
 

1 comment:

  1. remember, PB2 comes in a chocolate/PB combo as well as the original. Had it for dipping strawberries for lunch and it worked great.

    ReplyDelete