Saturday, August 24, 2013

Half way there!

DAY 25
Getting ready to hit a 4 mile run
Dog walk - minutes
Amazing weather today


Wow, this great news! As I've said more than a few times this week "It's been a tough week."  I thought that, if anything, I would have stayed at 164.5 but I actually lost 2 pounds this week. I'm not sure what happened to be honest. I think maybe it's because, despite the crazy week, I was paying attention. On the days that I wasn't in the gym I was still moving. I still got my walk with Sasha each morning (she is my walking buddy for sure) and I was doing push-ups and using my exercise bands during conf. calls or as a break during a busy day. I ate well, I didn't over eat. Despite my moment of giving in with the Animal Crackers, I still did ok. Each night I did go over my daily points (w/out additional workout points) but not by much and what I was eating was good stuff. Still lots of veggies and my snacks have been good stuff. Instead of that bowl of milk and chocolaty delight, I was opting for these new popsicles that are amazing. They're real fruit and come in a lot of different flavors. They have blueberry, strawberry, lemon and lime. There are other flavors, but so far these are my favs. They are called Outshine snack bars and on the "old school" ww plan they are only a point each. It also helps that my wife makes great meals that are healthy and she has been 100% behind me and supporting me this entire time. Having people get behind you and supporting you can really make the difference. When you're bummed out like I was this week it really helps having support that can encourage you and give you swift kick in the you know what when you need it.

Off to my 4 miler this morning.




That's 17g of "real" sugar from the fruit. Not high fructose corn syrup. These are so good that my 12 year old absolutely loves them. She actually chose these over her favorite ice cream.
 
Thank you love.
 
Thought for the morning: I've done a lot of complaining on this blog. I'm not a trainer or weight loss guru this is for the most part just a journal but I have done some complaining this week. Here is my quote for the day from Bob Harper from the Biggest Looser show - "Shut up and just DO it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment